Flexible software that must keep evolving
Flexibility means that our customers can change the system according to their specific needs and that they can support a wide spectrum of business operations. This also means flexibility for deployment―by region, line of business, and functional area. “Evolving” refers to the responsibility we have to continually update our technology to deliver value in future versions and ensure that customers have new opportunities for value.
Defining and supporting specific user journeys
We design for the holistic experience that users want to have on their journeys. We ensure that we design to enable this kind of experience, rather than accepting the limits of the status quo and the “the way things have always been done.
Our development teams work together to address specific user journeys across our products and to ensure that those products work together in a connected way.
The SFS technology platform
SFS core systems are built on a shared technology platform providing unparalleled performance, reliability, flexibility, and openness. Our architecture is designed and built on a completely modern architecture to meet the specific needs of the property and casualty insurance industry.
- SFS applications are built in . Net and conform to the Microsoft standard―the preferred technology of the insurance industry.
- 100% web client ensures that no software needs to be installed on end-user desktops.
- Web service APIs enable SFS applications to integrate seamlessly into a service-oriented architecture and interact with any other applications in any technology.
- Clustering, caching, and never-ending performance tuning ensure that SFS applications can support thousands of concurrent users.
- SFS applications run on the insurance industry's preferred application servers, operating systems, and databases.
Features and Benefits
The SFS platform provides a set of core technology components that provide critical building blocks and services to all SFS application, including features such as:
- Rules engine: Combines easy-to-understand, hierarchical rule execution with a rich library of methods specifically developed to meet the needs of modern insurance companies
- Business process management: Gives insurers the ability to define long-running insurance processes involving multiple activities and actors, with exceptions and escalations as appropriate
- Configuration: Enables insurers to extend the application data model and screens using logical, easily-understandable XML files
- Integration: Provides a variety of integration mechanisms, including a web services API, event-based messaging, and the ability to add integration adapters at any point in the application; data can be exchanged in any format, including ACORD XML or IAA
- Security: Provides mechanisms for controlling who has access to an application, what functionality he or she can use, and what data (accounts, policies, claims, etc.) he or she can view or edit
SFS' technology platform enables insurers to reduce long-term cost of ownership by consolidating on a single suite of applications and enjoy the following benefits.
- Insurers gain complete control over their core applications due to the extensive configurability of the SFS platform, coupled with an insurance-specific rules engine.
- Users benefit from responsive, easy-to-use applications, and growing companies can support larger populations simply by adding more servers.
- The robust integration layer means that insurers can integrate their core applications to any other systems inside or outside the enterprise.
- Insurers can share a common set of skills and knowledge across their core systems portfolio, and business and IT team members who know how to configure, write business rules for, or integrate with one SFS application can immediately work with any other of our applications.
- Because our automated tests protect our applications against regression, we can add new functionality rapidly. As a result, critical new functionality can be delivered in acceptable short term for designing the change and development.